Learning Mangaement Systems (LMS)
A free and open-source learning management system written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License. Moodle is used for blended learning, distance education, flipped classroom and other online learning projects in universities. It is used to create custom websites with online courses and allows for community-sourced plugins.
2. Google classroom:
A free application designed to help students and teachers communicate, collaborate, organize and manage assignments, go paperless, and much more! It was introduced as a feature of Google Apps for Education following its public release on August 12, 2014.
Using technology in Teaching and Learning
1. Camtasia: Makes it simple to record and create professional-looking videos on Windows and Mac.
2. Nearpod : Offers rich hybrid learning by making it easy to combine media, and also provides assessments tools
3. Kahoot: A game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Unleash the fun in classrooms, offices and living rooms!
4. Poll every where: Allows you to create polls or activities that encourage audience participation, whether that be in an online class or departmental meeting. A Poll Everywhere activity is a single question or prompt.
Multiple-choice - where the selection options are provided.
Open-ended - allows participants to respond to a question with a written answer.
Clickable Image - defined regions in the image are marked as correct.
Ranking - allows participants to move options into a desired order, and submit the reordered list as one response.
Q&A - participants can submit open-ended responses (questions or ideas), then up-vote or down-vote other submissions.
Surveys - ask participants multiple questions at the same time.
5. Mentimeter: An interactive presentation platform that transforms conventional presentations into interactive experiences where everyone’s voice is heard. lets to engage and inspire the audience to talk less and listen more
6. Canva: A free-to-use online graphic design tool. Use it to create social media posts, presentations, posters, videos, logos and more.